You are here: Home Page > Advice, Benefits, Council Tax > Council Tax > Disabled People

Disabled People

If you, or someone who lives with you, need a room, an extra bathroom or kitchen, or extra space in your property because you use a wheelchair indoors, you may be entitled to a reduced council tax bill.  For more information contact us.  

(Financial and technical assistance is available to assist in adapting homes to meet the needs of disabled children and adults.  For more information see our Disabled Facilities Grants page.)

If your home has any special fixtures which have been added for a disabled resident which reduce the home’s value and you do not think they have been taken into account in the valuation band to which your home has been assigned you should contact the Listing Officer (see Appeals).

More information about disabilities can be found on the Worcestershire County Council website.

You may also be entitled to travel concessions.  Check and see.

How do you rate this
information / service?
Rate this page
  • Facebook
  • YouTube
  • Flickr
  • RSS
  • The GOV.UK Website

This page was last reviewed 23 January 2014 at 18:25 by Sandra Gordon.
The page is next due for review 22 July 2014.