Promote, encourage and increase opportunities for people of all
ages and abilities to participate in sport and physical activity
across Wychavon. We achieve this by:
- Working in partnership with organisations and individuals in
the planning, delivery and monitoring of local and national sports
initiatives and events.
- Providing support, advice and guidance on funding, club &
coach development and opportunities to get involved in sport.
- Raising the profile and promoting sport and recreation across
Wychavon e.g. Game On, Sports Development Newsletter.
- Representing Wychavon at a local, county and regional level and
act as a voice for sport and physical activity.
Current key roles and objectives for 2012/13
- Sportivate– plan and deliver a wide
range of sports activities for young people aged 14-25yrs ( Sport
- Work with the Community Development
Team to co-ordinate 2 events for the passing through of the
- After School Clubs – work with Specialist Sports Colleges to
provide after school sports activities and festivals linking to a
local sports club.
- Wychavon Wellbeing - work in
partnership with Wychavon Leisure to provide
a healthy lifestyle activity referral programme.
- Game On–produce a bi-monthly Sport
E-newsletter ‘Game On’
Who do we work with?
- Sports clubs, youth clubs, uniformed groups and other community
/ voluntary organisations and individuals.
- Specialist Sports Colleges, local schools and FE colleges.
- Sport England,
National Governing Bodies, Sports Partnership
Herefordshire and Worcestershire and Wychavon Leisure.
- Sports coaching providers and leisure providers e.g. Wychavon
If you have any questions or queries regarding Sport and
Recreation please contact:
Sports Development Officer
Telephone: 01386 565229 or 07778 464622- between 9am-5pm,