Social Housing in the Wychavon Area
Wychavon District Council do not own any housing stock having
undergone a voluntary stock transfer in October 1994. Wychavon
District Council is one of the partners included in the Home Choice
Plus scheme on behalf of a number of local and
national Housing Associations. Wychavon District Council
also retained the statutory responsibility for homelessness.
The Housing Associations which operate within the
Wychavon area are : -
Rooftop Housing Group - http://www.rooftopgroup.org/
Spa Housing Group - http://www.festivalhousing.org/
Bromford Housing Group - http://www.bromford.co.uk/
West Mercia Housing Group - http://www.wmhousing.co.uk/
Sanctuary Housing Group - http://www.sanctuary-group.co.uk/Pages/home.aspx
Housing 21 - http://www.housing21.co.uk/
English Churches Housing Group - http://www.echg.org.uk/
- The properties do not have carpets, furniture or kitchen
appliances (cooker, fridge etc.).
- Not all have gardens or parking spaces.
- Some have sheds for extra storage.
- Newer properties may have off street parking, good storage
space and provision for kitchen and laundry appliances.
- Housing Assoications are working hard to make sure that
their properties reach the Government's "Decent Home"
- Housing Associations must keep their properties in good